View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2012, 2:57 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ well i agree at this point in time it would be better placed on one of those damn lots, that is water under the bridge. unfortunately, stark did not own any of that property, could never get consensus from those skeezball parking lot owners, and seemingly got no help from the city to build out the warehouse district.

otoh, the wolstein family got plenty of help from the city, owns and controls a lot of the east bank flats and as we see is finally getting it redeveloped, so i say more power to them. don't you agree that if wolstein's team is successful, and they will be, those warehouse district parking lots will go away soon enough? but for now, as someone said above, can't wait to see some glass on this sharp new building!

one more thing that is hard to let go in regard to seeing construction downtown --- mon dieu! what about the convention center redevelopment? relatively speaking, outside of the wtc site that is one of the largest downtown construction projects i have seen. not to mention, keeping the convention center buried underground is quite clever, so bravo cleveland for that!