View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 30, 2016, 4:18 PM
Moran supreme

This is really a bit of a dumb thread - yeah, I get that there are people on this forum who are opposed to anything that consumes land and doesn't promote densification/urban ideology but the simple fact is the the automotibe is here with us and won't be going away any time soon.

So to move people in automobiles efficiently is to reduce roadblocks and free flowing interchanges are one simple way of doing that. Are they going to consume land, yupp, but they keeps things moving and a car travelling at speed is probably better for our environment then a whole bunch stuck in stop and go traffic.

And besides that, disjointed communities are something that a lot of people like - talk to most people that live in these communities and you'd find most of them don't want to live in an older gridded or curvilinear community. I don't get it because I like the fact that I can walk 5 or 10 minutes and be on the doorstop of multiple shops and such whereas people in these disjointed communities don't really care about that as they're quite comfortable jumping in their SUV or BMW or Mercedes , backing out of their double attached front drive garage and driving for 5 or 10 minutes to the nearest chain store. This is fact whether people wish to acknowledge this or not and it's not going to disappear any time soon or at least in my time left on this big ball of dirt.