View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2012, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd3189 View Post
With the completed new WTC alone, NYC will have a taller skyline than Chicago unless it sees a boom in the future. In fact, I think when the former WTC existed, NYC had the world's tallest skyline.
I would probably disagree with that. Of the top 6 tallest buildings in the country (completed), 4 of them are from Chicago, including the top 2.

When New York completes WTC1 AND 432 Park, then it will probably be neck and neck for height. I would like to see either city get a 2k footer though.

With the skylines the way they are today, I would say a 2k footer would probably look better in Chicago because of how their skyline is laid out. Once WTC1 and 432 park (and maybe one more 1250+ footer) are done however, i'd say a 2k footer would look best towards the edge of Midtown in NYC.

It would look best if they put one towards the edge closest to the WTC complex. Now if NYC completes all four WTC buildings AND gets a 2k footer (along with the rest of the upcoming supertalls), then you all would have a very justifiable argument for best skyline in the world. That would be sweet!