View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
I drive by most of this stuff everyday as I take Washington avenue on my way back to my apartment. It's not exactly my cup of tea as a lot of it has fences around it and makes it feel off putting in my opinion. But there's some nice new development on that side of town though.
The development around Washington Ave is definitely more "stucco" than the stuff you drive through in Montrose and Midtown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlhorn View Post
A lot of nice townhomes, but strangely spread randomly. Not really as dense as one would think.
They are spread out among single family residences, duplexes, apartments, and other random types of housing.

Also, you must realize that a lot of what appears to be single family housing are actually houses that have been retrofitted for multifamily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Kinda sad how brutal these townhouse main floors are... 'STAY THE F OUT'... unlike their much softer, friendlier, more thoughtful predecessors.

(http://www.ecosalon.com/wp-content/u...brownstone.png)
I can see that. However, a lot of these townhomes actually have "yards", which is to say they have enough space for a few lawn chairs and a BBQ grill and maybe some plants.