View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 12:11 AM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
^^^I've got an even better idea. Tell Hilton to butt out and let City College build the building they want. The very concept of blocking a needed educational institution--or forcing changes on it--so Hilton can make more money makes my blood boil. It's just wrong and I can't believe in San Francisco it gets 5 seconds of anybody's time.

On the other hand, there may be other reasons to dislike the design, but the involvement of Hilton makes them all suspect. To me, the best solution is to build the 16-story tower BECAUSE Hilton dislikes it.
Right on. I agree with you, and with the rest as well. As I said before, I'm not sure about the design of the building yet because I cant really make it out from just that one picture, but I very much side with education on this one. I've never had the chance to witness the Hilton in person, but from that article, it looks like a dark, dirty, and abandoned concrete box. I find it hard to believe some people are actually siding with Hilton on this one. They should destroy the Hilton and put this in its place .