View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2017, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
They do hold some artistic value. People visit the wag from all over to see our collection which is incredibly unique. Unfortunately we aren't blessed with ancient Roman ruinsand classical local artwork to fill our museums but we should embrace what cultural treasure we have. Let's have at least a little pride and optimism about our city eh? This will be a great draw when it's completed so I hope it gets under construction soon
We are doing it wrong if we're always pandering to only our indigenous roots. It's very important but represents a small portion of who is here now... we can have pride but when the only cultures we represent are indigenous (with ongoing elephant-in-the-room tension) then the populace won't be ineterested.

For something top succeed here it needs local activity not just tourist. If something has genuine local buy in from a LOT of our population, then this can have traction for tourists.

The Government keeps pushing things that irk cynics. Celebrate things that everyone wants to celebrate, including inuit art and other things.

I consider myself decently open minded and when I hear about this art centre I can't help but mutter "not this shit again..."

shit isn't a reference to the culture, it's our over-investment/pandering to one aspect of our culture which always remains a hot topic.

Here's the other complaint I have. Going back to the same theme over and over again is NOT CREATIVE!!! I want more new ideas!