View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 3, 2020, 1:12 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal View Post
Basic stuff like anti-depressants?! Seems like something that should be monitored not taken on a whim.

Ontario also has a family doctor shortage. A long waiting list and frankly what you get at the end are not the most in demand.

Are there no walk in clinics in Quebec? What do those without Family Docs do?
Yes, I have relatives and friends who live in Ontario (including in Ottawa) and some have waited a long time for a family doctor.

Though the delays and shortages in professionals are on a whole other level in the Outaouais.

We do have walk-in clinics but they are rare and generally packed with "no more patients" signs like 15 minutes after they open in the morning. Wingman is right that there seems to be fewer and fewer of them.

Though things have improved for kids at least with the opening of a non-emergency pediatric walk-in (even if by appointment) affiliated with the hospital. You can call and get an appointment for the same day (or the following morning at a minimum.)

I haven't used it much as my kids have always had a pediatrician, but the times I have it's been very efficient.