View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2009, 7:15 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
Why are you worrying about it?

It doesn't concern you, nor is it any of your business - don't sweat it, pal.
Aw, you can't get away with that. You're the one who posted a photo essay about moving to a place and then proceeded to make provocatively negative comments about it. You're obviously trying to say something and it isn't at all clear what it is to me. And I believe I have the right to respond to your thread by asking.

Your photography is quite special. It actually implies an appreciation of the place that's at odds with your words. If you want to say you're moving to a place you don't expect to like very much for reasons that have nothing to do with photography but will take advantage of what opportunities do exist for practicing your hobby/avocation, fine. That makes sense.

But don't start a thread about moving to a new place, photograph it beautifully and, to this observer admiringly, then imply you don't actually like that place and tell someone who then asks why you're moving there and why your photos suggest the opposite of your words to piss off. That's just being obnoxious. Just say, sorry, I'd rather not explain any more--I can accept that.