View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2018, 4:39 AM
Fourth and Main

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen.

This Week: A big apartment update!

Video Link

411 West Fourth / Chamber Building:
An update on this tech company office building with an upscale grocery store & bistro.

Installing the bar, made from Ash, in the upscale grocery store and bistro:

Credit: sunnysidemillwork

New Building at Union Cross:
I think this is our first update on this project? It's always awesome to see these trucks at a site and I thank Chandler for sharing updates!

Credit: chandlerconcretecompany

Downtown Hampton Inn & Suites:
Workers are now installing the brick cladding.

Cladding the structure in brick:

Credit: swindygate

Salem Paper Mixed-use:
The developer has purchased the property. They may name this project for Canal Drive?

Wise Man Brewing Solar Panels:
Remember the solar project at Wise Man Brewing that appeared in news sites across the state? It's still under construction and we have our first update on the project!

Credit: renuenergysolutions

West End Station:
A really good update on this apartment building with underground parking.

Credit: stageyourhousetriadnc

Credit: stageyourhousetriadnc

Link Apartments 4th Street:
The developer is now pulling permits to start construction on this apartment building with retail and underground parking. Samet Corporation is the General Contractor. We could soon have two Link-branded apartment buildings under construction at the same time!

Link Apartments Innovation Quarter:
The architect, BB+M Architecture, shared an awesome update on this apartment building with retail. As you can see, the eastern side is still two-storeys behind the other sides. This is the part of the building that will rise to the height of a seven-storey building, with an eight-storey tower above the entrance. The color-changing LED crown should be a great addition to the building.

Credit: stuntz.co

Credit: bbm_arch

Alternative Transportation:

Rails-to-Trails Bicycle Commuter Highway: (Winston-Salem's High Line)
This project will officially be completed on April 11 at 11 a.m.,. Visit the completed project (on April 11), during your lunch break, for food trucks, live music, and health-related activities.

Credit: WFMY TV-2