View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2008, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1EK View Post
We do know that the city and 21C said their costs would basically be covered. We also know that no such promise has been made with Mueller.

Dude, I'd benefit personally if Mueller moved to my neighborhood, too, but that doesn't make me somehow not able to be objective about it if they did it, nor should you somehow lose your objectivity here because you're moving to Mueller. The new location will actually be easier for our family to drive to, and like I said in the post, we drive there most of the time (at least for now). But it doesn't make it any better for the city.
Oh I don't disagree with you. I'd rather see the ACM downtown too! I think it's rather stupid of them to move from there. It's the only real family friendly thing downtown. Other than that there really isn't anything down there for families to do. I also like the idea of a museum district and now that's pretty much gone. It would have been really cool to see it on the same block as the (hopefully) new AMOA.

All I'm arguing is that we don't know their real intentions or reasons as to why they chose Mueller unless they have come out with a statement we haven't seen yet. I do know that they did get a sweet deal from the city and developer of 21C but something happened and it was going to cost them too much money for them to make the move there. I guess Mueller was the next best option for them? Guess we'll see.