View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2015, 6:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Cat View Post
I doubt it'll get that bad. I'm predicting most of the towers will have buyers who want to take transit...this isn't north Burnaby we're talking about. Speaking of which, if you move into modello I recommend just ditching your car, and then the traffic will hardly be a bother in the same sort of way. And if you can do that you'll be contributing to lessening car traffic yourself. Increased pedestrian traffic shouldnt be a problem given the huge upgrades to Metrotown station currently underway. Actually the most annoying thing about modello to me is that its located right next to willingdon which takes a long time to cross as a pedestrian given the 4 lanes and high speed of cars. My guess is we'll see traffic calming and perhaps a narrowing of willingdon near modello as more towers start going up.
Willingdon should get widened not narrowed. The lights should also be synced to allow smooth traffic flow. This is a major arterial road used by everyone in the region, not a private residential street. Its like people who move to airports and then demand the flight paths change to reduce noise.