View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 4:43 PM
Nashwaaksissy

Yet another festival:

McLean headlines StanFest

Chronicle-Herald
Thu. Apr 23 - 4:47 AM

The writer of one of the best-known songs of the ’70s, Don McLean headlines the 2009 Stan Rogers Folk Festival in Canso from July 3 to 5.

McLean, who wrote and performed American Pie, is among the international, national and regional talent at this year’s festival. Also performing are Canadian Country Music Award winner Corb Lund and Juno Award-winning songstress Sarah Harmer.

"When we started the festival, I always dreamed that someday we would be able to present the songwriting legends of our generation. It’s really come true with artists like Guy Clark, Nanci Griffith, Richie Havens and now Don McLean," festival artistic director Troy Greencorn said in a news release.

"Besides penning the iconic American Pie, there’s so many other hits, songs like Crying, Castles in the Air, Vincent, And I Love You So and Everyday. Heck, my wedding waltz was To Have and To Hold, a lesser-known Don McLean gem."

Dozens of other singer-songwriters and groups will perform at StanFest, which honours one of Canada’s most prolific songwriters, Stan Rogers. The weekend features a variety of genres, including folk, country, jazz, swing, blues, rag, gospel, pop, rock, bluegrass and world music and is a three-time East Coast Music award winner for event of the year.

Advance tickets are now on sale, with weekend passes at $80 and daily tickets also available. Tickets are available at all Ticketpro outlets, by phone at 1-866-311-9090 and online at www.ticketpro.ca.

For full event details and camping information, contact the festival office at 1-888-554-7826 or visit: www.stanfest.com.
---------------

Also: the Tragically Hip (blecch) coming to Mile One on July 2.
Fredericton: We're #3! We're #3!

Last edited by kirjtc2; Apr 24, 2009 at 4:55 PM.