View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 14, 2010, 7:52 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post
Well, I doubt Nephi will get the Front Runner extension in the same wave Payson does, but I think it's still too early to count Santaquin out. If you look at the Mid-Jordan TRAX line and how UTA is planning ahead for a projected population expansion (with some stops in the middle of nowhere), I don't think it is too far of a stretch to say that come the 10 plus years or so when Payson is continuing to grow and Santaquin right behind it, that UTA would see it fit to lay track in an area with anticipation of many future new costumers. There is a big difference in distance between of Payson to Santaquin and Santaquin to Nephi.
The only city/cities that will get FrontRunner expansion at the same time Payson does is Spanish Fork, and Springville others will have easier access such as Mapleton, Salem, Elk Ridge and Woodland Hills. As much as Santaquin wants Front Runner service there will be no demand, even at the time that it's completed to Payson. I would estimate that if Santaquin approves the sales tax for UTA (BUS) service that the same thing would occur as will occur when FrontRunner reaches Provo. There will be an express route from Payson to the end of the line. At completion to Payson I would expect an express bus will run from Santaquin, maybe even Nephi, to the end of the line in Payson and when ridership numbers show the need then UTA will look at expanding service.

If Santaquin approves the UTA tax increase UTA may start to look at purchasing right of ways for future growth, but you are fooling yourself if you anticipate that FrontRunner will extend past Payson even remotely close to the 2025 time line. Sorry