View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 1:53 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy1983 View Post
Has anyone seen SEPTA's double-decker superliner cars? I thought they were getting them in October and would be using them on the Paoli-Thorndale line. I work at a truck parts shop that is just across the highway from the line right in between Thorndale and Downingtown, and I have yet to see these. Are they using them primarily between Paoli and Bryn Mawr or on other lines?
I'm pretty sure none of these have been delivered yet. Maybe some by the end of this year, but I forget the actual delivery schedule.

EDIT: Here you go, from SEPTA's latest capital budget report:

Regional Rail Multi-Level Car Acquisition (FY 2020 - 2024)
This project provides for the acquisition of new multi-level push-pull passenger railcars. These cars are required to accommodate growing ridership and increased service capacity needs on SEPTA’s Regional Rail system, and are additions to SEPTA’s current fleet of 45 push-pull railcars. In 2017, a contract was awarded to CRRC MA Corp. for 45 railcars with an option for an additional 10 push-pull railcars. The new cars will fully comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and federal and state regulations regarding safety features and systems. The cars will include passenger amenities, such as a state-of-the-art climate control system, bicycle storage area and WiFi. The new cars will have electronic exterior and interior destination signs, voice annunciation and corresponding display on video screens of train destination and upcoming station stops. In addition, the new railcars will be equipped with on-board video surveillance and automatic passenger counting systems.

$174.30 M
Contract Award Complete
Delivery 2020 - 2022

http://septa.org/strategic-plan/repo...31-program.pdf

Last edited by Jayfar; Jan 14, 2020 at 2:03 PM.