View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 26, 2008, 12:04 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post

I remember attending a lot of city council meetings when thie this competition was underway. The two proposals top and bottom left, were the two finalists, while the other two (right top and bottom) were eliminated first.

Rockefeller/McCuen when head to head with LankfordCook.

The Rockefeller/McCuen proposal would have been a phased project with the office tower going up first; the hotel and second office tower going up when the market conditions demanded.

The Lankford/Cook two tower proposal would have been built simultaneously and would have been the regional headquarters of First Interstate Bank. The project was also projected to begin construction quickly after city approval; or that was the developers predicition).

I recall one of the council members commenting that it would be exciting watching the towers race into the sky. I also seem to recall one of our current council members making the same comment about 301 CM.

Personally the Lankford/Cook proposal was my favorite.

The city of course chose the McCuen/Rockefeller and we now have Taylor's less than inspiring project on that site.