View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 8, 2009, 4:40 AM

Can't wait to have an excuse to travel Hwy (County Road 113, Escambia County, Alabama). That is a newly paved Hurricane evacuation road for Pensacola. Paved to 4 lanes.

I don't know why Alabama spent the money to do it to tell you the truth. Florida has shown little to no interest in helping Pensacolians leave town for devestating hurricanes. Hwy 29 isn't 6 lanes. Or 8. You connect to a part of Florida that doesn't care how many people die caught in traffic. Yet you spend money increasing your flow. That is an awesome tribute to Alabama. It won't be your fault when we all die in the next Category 5. You did your part.

If I could complain...I'd suggest that I-65 from Mobile to Montgomery northbound should be at least 3 lanes. Probably 4 lanes. The whole way. Everyone on the coast wants to move to Montgomery or North in a storm. Florida needs to contibute at least half to widen I-65. But don't hold your breath. This is the greater Pensacola area we are talking about. There are 10 suburbs of Orlando that have more political pull (but not population).