View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2015, 7:53 PM
Meh

It actually seems like a good fit. There's already a good amount of low to mid rise residential in the area, and it would be replacing a poorly used strip center. That shopping center is probably one of the strangest places around downtown. It's so uncharacteristic of the area.

And their argument against it is kind of funny. "Neighbors worry they won’t be able to see the skyline anymore" - so a sort of "we won't be able to see the forest for the trees" argument. I like seeing the forest, I just don't want it to thrive and grow in my direction...

Also the same old tired argument of more traffic. While it's true there will be some more traffic, people will still go out on foot or ride a bike. I don't know about you other guys who ride your bike, but riding a bicycle through a neighborhood is much more preferable to driving a car through one. Not to mention most of the auto traffic would be headed in the other direction (away from the neighborhood) to access I-35 and downtown. It's kind of a weak argument really. And I'm not sure where they get their 10,000 cars a day number from. That seems very high even when you consider the planned grocery store, which by the way I would imagine would be heavily used by residents of the neighborhood.