Thread: 2015 CFL Season
View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2015, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S'toon Goon View Post
Well in player news the Riders released Dominic Picard and he quickly signed with the BBs. I always thought he was solid and as a Canadian he should be an asset on any team's o-line. But as with all players the $$ needs to make sense.
Picard is a huge pickup for the Bombers, but they are desperate when it comes to the OL. It's such a liability that they badly need to throw money at the problem.

Quote:
I am also pretty pumped for the Grey Cup to be played in Winnipeg. You don't have to be a fan of the Bombers (and I am certainly not!) to know the city appreciates their football. I am betting they put on a fantastic show!
People are pretty pumped but the ticket prices are a turnoff for some... some of my buddies who have STs are not buying their seat for the GC because the tickets are exorbitantly priced... there is a complex scheme of discounts depending on season ticket commitment, but generally speaking anyone with decent seats will have to pay around $400 a ticket for the GC. A lot of people just won't pay. I've been to all 3 cups in Winnipeg and even I'm on the fence about this one... the temptation to watch from the warmth of home with an extra 4 bills in my wallet (5 once you factor in parking/beer/food/etc.) is strong.