View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 9, 2010, 4:16 PM

The Chicago - Twin Cities route HAS TO HAPPEN, in my biased opinion, for the Chicago regional network to succeed. There is so much business-to-business between the two cities and it will only increase over time. Plus, the distance from Chicago to the Twin Cities is notably longer than most of the other routes, so high speed has a great chance to significantly cut commute times and bring success to the program.

Additionally, I think the route needs to go through Rochester, MN as the Mayo Clinic is a very legitimate stop for the Midwest and the country as a whole as well -- maybe moreso than just about any stop along the proposed lines with the exception of Madison and Milwaukee. I'd also run it along Hwy. 52 from Rochester to the Twin Cities as that's the most direct route and there should be 0 stops between those two cities. So, I'd like to see a Chicago - Milwaukee - Madison - Wisconsin Dells - Tomah - LaCrosse - Rochester - Twin Cities route with express options stopping only at the 4 major urban centers.

Wishful thinking, I'm sure!