View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 5:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palace1 View Post
The Tony's Corners restaurant on King St. E. has closed.

...I also noticed that Wendel Clark's in the Lister Block is closed for renovations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeHamilton View Post
Never a good sign!
Haven't they only been open two years or so? Never had the occasion to go inside so maybe it does already need an update?

Not saying it's the case here, but I've seen many times where a licensed establishment closes for a few days or a couple weeks 'for renovations' after a brush with the AGCO. They only list publicly suspensions of 14 days or longer, so we'll have to wait and see just how much of an update they can pull off during this closure.

Sounds funny but I've walked by that particular Wendy's countless times, when it's open for business, but have never felt even the urge to go inside.
It could just be the sordid saga leading up to their occupancy, nothing to do with them, or maybe they really do need a reno already.

No offence to Wendel Clark, or his growing Ontario-based chain (Go Wendel!), but it's too bad there couldn't have been a little more of a Hamilton story to develop in that space, after it finally became available following so many years of uncertainty.