View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 4:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone View Post
Regina's not huge (250k or so), and I believe that the previous commenter is neither a Regina resident, nor under any false impressions about the time/work involved in courting a European route. But there's absolutely nothing wrong in trying to lay the groundwork, or else it really will never happen. Thanks for your insight.
I may not be a resident but I will be a future resident of your province and the City of Regina. I am from the city of Moncton where a few years ago we had a non-stop flight from Moncton to Hanover and Moncton to Paris. And the city of Moncton we have 120k when you include the tri city area. And the airport for the size of the city is handling roughly 675k a year. Looking at those stats I I think that Regina Interrnnatinal if they work hard can get it but they would need to upgrade their facilities like increase the runways and upgrade their terminal. I hope that they are negotiating with a US air carrier to re-establish a regular route to the US to stop people from either driving to Minot, Winnipeg and even Saskatoon. And I am shocked that the Regina airport has a small Maple Leaf lounge.