View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Yeah, and they were smart to do a phased approach to the Market reno's. They've already changed course for the next phases as it's so busy in there now, they want to make sure they don't cram too much in. That's part of the reason Generation Green moved to The Exchange – they were going to be taking over a huge portion of the second floor, but TFNP realized it wasn't a great use of space, and they need more open public space up there. The second floor is going to be completely different than we know it now.
That's good news. The Forks Market needs to be upgraded to handle the crowds they're getting now... I was there yesterday and parts of it felt like the MTS Centre during an intermission, it was that crowded. I realize every day is not like a long weekend, but I think they need a little more space to allow for crowd flow, etc. That might mean moving some stuff upstairs which is currently occupied by a lot of gift shops which are really just afterthoughts. A more prominent entrance to the upper levels would be a good start, as would be more washrooms... having just that one washroom and a couple of tiny ones is not enough when you have well over a thousand people in there.

Integrating the Johnston Terminal a little better into the rest of the complex as Tacheguy suggested would be nice too... it feels like it has barely changed since it opened in the early 90s, compared to the rest of the site which has evolved so much.