View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 8:31 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
Midtown does have the Fox Theater, Laughing Skull, High Museum of Art and Alliance Theater, which all have great events, concerts, etc. I think what's needed is just an expansion of areas that have a Crescent Ave. type vibe. Little pubs, uniquely local restaurants, food halls, piano/wine/martini bars, and boutique (not necessarily expensive) shops, with little to no dead space separating them all so they're easy to get to on foot from anywhere in the core of the district.
Plus:
  • Piedmont Park - I agree this is the one thing on the list for hanging out in an "unprogrammed" fashion
  • Atlanta Botanical Garden
  • Federal Reserve Museum (Go visit! Its actually kind of cool)
  • Scad Show - better programming under SCAD than under Alliance Theatre
  • Center Stage
  • Whole World Improv
  • Center for Puppetry Arts
  • MODA
  • Shakespeare Tavern

If you are looking for a relaxing day hanging out in a trendy neighborhood with nothing specific planned as one would do in, for example, Inman Park; Im not sure Midtown will ever be able to get all of the way there. Rents seem too high to allow quaint/unique/boutique businesses to thrive.

I had/have hopes that the leasable spaces off of Peachtree & W Peachtree would begin to fill up with these sort of businesses, but after a DECADE of the following being empty, one starts to lose hope.

Picture is 12th & Midtown on Juniper street that has never had a tenant.