View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2018, 7:03 AM
Doctor, The Doctor...Fun

Here's one in the descending lineup (although I did skip a few for the time being...) - it's 4 Times Square in New York City, NY, United States!

I was able to find plan views of various floors between the ground level and the 21st floor, which was immensely helpful in nailing down the locations of the many tiers. I took extra care to recreate the antenna as accurately as possible at this scale given that it makes up a good portion of the overall height. No sense in having a plain, blocky spire!

I also separated the topmost portion (the last 'cube' on the roof which connects to the screens and houses the antenna) to make painting it much easier. This allows direct access to the AC units and other details on the roof where the cross beams would otherwise get in the way, as well as access to the rear side of the screens. This may not seem like a big deal as they are mostly hidden but given that the beams extending from the cubic center portion connect to the backside of the screen and should be white, this allows them to be more accurately painted while keeping the screens all black as they should be - except for the big 4 on each of them, of course!