View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 16, 2011, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbeauNoir View Post
There's actually been a fair number of them that have come to Halifax recently already - Arcade Fire and Broken Social Scene are two big ones that immediately come to mind (even though I ended up missing AF). I saw Beady Eye when I was in Vancouver and I'd definitely put up the cash to see them again if they played Halifax. Ditto with Hey Rosetta!, but they play Halifax quite frequently anyway. It's just that none of those are Commons-material kind of acts, which personally suits me just fine since I hate big stadium-scaled concerts. I've been to some great shows in Halifax, they've just happened to be at places like the (ex-) Paragon or the Seahorse instead of the Commons or the Metro Centre. If they absolutely want those big-scale shows I'd definitely rather see them go with the dad rock rather than whatever passes for pop music lately, but I'm not any more likely to go out and see them.

And please for the love of god, no Nickelback. I dislike Calgary enough without having the association of having grown up in their pseudo-hometown.
I heard that the arcade fire concert at Alderney was very good. That is a nice outdoor venue. I was disappointed that they didn't open for U2 when I saw U2 in Montreal. I like the Cohn for a concert, and really don't like the metro centre for concerts.