View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
How could that have lead to extra costs and delays? If Bella's had agreed, it might have resulted in savings in cost and time, but their refusal did not lead to extra costs and delays. I'm afraid you've got your zero point in the wrong place.
The developer had to use a different scaffold system for the west side of the building, coming down from the roof as opposed to going up from street level as shown in the front of the building. The developer was not allowed to "tent" the side of the building during the colder weather to allow the mortar to set while doing the brickwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
Well you're hardly a disinterested observer, are you? You're annoyed at The Wellington taking longer to build, but the party to blame for that is not Bella's but the developers and builders of The Wellington.
Correct, as I live in The Wellington I do have an interest in the neighbourhood, but I find it strange that a business would alienate a new potential customer base right next door, especially when there are plenty of other great restaurants within walking distance.