View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 3:06 AM

Say Handsome Stranger! Re your search for the Studio City Simon's Drive-In-- There is a massive photomural of 40's scene all along Venturana Blvd with Laurel Cyn at its center- This I tripped over last yeat At Industrial Metal in Sun Valley in their nicely done waiting room for their customers-Didn't discover who shot this aerial though-- Might also tell SPOAS EJ old the original J.W.Robinson mansion on the hilltop overlooking Sunset Blvd twixt Hill St. and Teed St. facing Fort Moore- LAPL images 00061553 and Mrs. Anna Ford's big mremodel in 00061643 - AND to Etherial Reality re the QUEEN APTS- I managed to sleuth the location on the Ansel Adams images you posted after getting hold of a faint aerial-one of the first I'd collected that proved its site to then curator Carolyn Kozo Cole- Infamous OIL QUEEN Emma Summers constructed the folly in her name-her own Victorian was 2 doors east - Bison Archives has another great sidelong image with lots of rugrats scampering out its front--- Hilarious that it was renamed the Princess to spiff it up--