View Single Post
Old Posted May 13, 2009, 2:48 AM
Light your Heart

Perth CBD, Australia

I'm working overseas and went to Perth two weeks ago to visit family. It was my first good look around the CBD in 2 years. I was blessed with beautiful blue skies, lots of light and fine weather. Enjoy the pics!

The first three were taken from the South Perth foreshore

Perth's newest highrise - Century City (103m) Next to it is the BankWest Tower, Perth's tallest building from 1988 to 1993 (214m)

Prominent in this photo is QV1 (163 m), Perth's 3rd tallest and the Woodside Tower (137 m)

The Forrest Centre (110 m) and Governor Stirling Tower (110 m): built a decade apart.

A trio of highrises: Allendale Square (130m), St Martins Tower (140 m - Perth's tallest from 1976 to 1988) and Exchange Plaza (137 m)

Perth's Bell Tower (82 m)

AMP Centre (132 m) and Central Park (249 m), Perth's tallest building.

The Forrest Centre from St Georges Terrace

The core and megacolumns rising for Perth's next tallest building: BHP Tower (270 m) due for completion 2012.

BankWest Tower and AMP Centre

The Wheel of Perth, a 50m high ferris wheel on the Swan River foreshore.

Central Park. In the near foreground is the construction site for BHP Tower.

Closeup of the top of the BankWest Tower. The antenna reaches 247 m.

St Martins Tower. At the top is a stylized crown topping a revolving restaurant.

Central Park. The St George sign was added in 2007, which means 7 out of the top 10 skyscrapers in Perth have signs or electronic billboards on their crowns.

Perth from Kings Park

Central Park. The trusses on each of the setbacks actually help stiffen the building and are not simply for decoration.

Woodside Tower

QV1. Perth's widest skyscraper at 70 m across.

Woodside and QV1

The serrated glass facade of BankWest. The tower was built over the restored Palace Hotel (1898). To the right is Century City.

And my last view of the skyline on my plane going back.