View Single Post
Old Posted May 9, 2016, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong. But something having to do with the train tracks below JFK prevents the building of towers over 500 feet (?) along JFK. For this reason, the original Comcast was set back towards Arch, yes?

If that's true, then I'd have to imagine that if Liberty is building a third Comcast tower on 19th and Arch and not the grassy "2 Penn Plaza" lot, that we can expect something taller than 500 feet tall (or whatever the max is along JFK). Because otherwise, why not build out 2 Penn Plaza? That location, in my opinion, is superior to 19th and Arch. First and foremost, it has direct connections to the Suburban Station concourse but it's also immediately adjacent to Comcast HQ and catty corner to the CITC. A tower at 19th and Arch would be roughly 2 blocks from the original Comcast and would require great expense to add a connection to Suburban Station.

I would welcome a third Comcast tower anywhere, but if it ends up going at 19th and Arch AND ends up being short, I'll be a slightly annoyed that the 2 Penn Plaza lot remains undeveloped.
Correct. The grass plot at 18th and JFK can hold a tower up to 500 FT tall. Comcast occupying a tower at 19th and Arch would suggest it will be taller than that.