View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCity View Post
People aren't talking about it because there isn't all that much to say. It's clearly a serious issue, but what can be done about it? I know 4 people that have died from that stuff now. Fentanyl isn't just in heroin, it's in "regular" party drugs like cocaine too, and people are doing these drugs not knowing they could kill them. At this point, I think drug users have to just stop, at least those for who that's an option.

But as far as police or government intervention go to help the addicted, what do you do? Illicit drugs are obviously inherently unregulated, and there's no way to tell what's in them. Who do you go after? Dealers are hard to track and drug producers even more so. I know they're trying to cut off the supply of fentanyl to Canada overall, but who knows how that will go. I wonder if this is one of those things that will just blow over. Perhaps it will have a silver lining in providing a wake-up call that hard drugs are better left untouched, even if they're done responsibly.
You can set up more ways to help people get off the drugs. Turns out that you can't "just stop", as you suggest, you actually need help from trained professionals. That's where the government comes in, they can set up the services to employ and train those professionals to help people get off drugs.

"Just stop doing drugs" is nice and all but is completely unrealistic.