View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2007, 10:53 PM
you know where I'll be

200 N. Riverside Implications for Medici Towers Site

Someone had mentioned possible implications of the 200 N. Riverside proposal for Wolf Point. I think the much more immediate concern is what happens with the proposal for Reschke's Medici Towers site (as I think Wolf Point is likely to be several years off). The strong (imo) modern design of 200 Riverside will hopefully trigger a rethinking of the design for Medici. I really hope if he does not sell the site or alter the design sufficiently, the city should really guide Reschke to do something much more forward-looking here. I realize there was an almost comical design floating around for Medici, but there was also a more realistic one that was still pomo and very undeserving of a site like Randolph and the River. It needs something more than a Bofill or Lagrange retro love-fest. This age will come to be known as the River development boom, and it's not a time for backward-looking architecture, which is apparently the only kind that Reschke knows how to, or has any interest in doing. The daley administration and dpd need to show some leadership on this issue....Personally I think 200 N Riverside is awesome and meets the challenge...the city deserves no less from the Medici site...