View Single Post
Old Posted May 10, 2016, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheguy View Post
the propsed project at 825 Tache will be a bit of a bellweather undertaking for the area I think. very interested to see how this roles out. also some good infill opportunities could flow out of the parmalat plant move from the area.

with respect to the Tache Promenade proposal, it is regrettable the city wont commit to shoring up the riverbank to allow the Winnipeg Foundation to build the walkway and treetop lookout. I am starting to think that matt allard might rub his councellor colleagues the wrong way. he can come off as being a bit of a dick. quite the opposite of dan vandal. just a hunch, but he has been pushing hard to get support for this project and doesn't seem to be getting any traction.

Quite happy with the proposal, the riverbanks are an incredible opportunity in the area. Great time of year to actually get on a boat and cruise the Red, before the foliage covers the banks in it's canopy. Different perspective when seeing the city this way.

Don't really follow many city councilors to any degree, but I thought this was going ahead? The Promenade would have been quite the addition to this stretch of river. Unfortunate news.