View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 30, 2007, 9:07 PM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuhickman79 View Post
BrianSac and econgrad....MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE if you don't like it here!!!!!! Stay in the suburbs and stay out of skyscraperpage. You are infesting us with your suburban filth! Seriously, I cannot believe I am seeing this from people on here when the case is made so well for urban living. Sacramento is not the best example of urban living. But, please don't come here and bag on Sacramento as many people here love this city passionately (including myself!). WTF are you doing here if you don't even like Sacramento as it is!? My advice....shutup about how sucky you think Sacramento is or look around at the gem of a city we have and start making a positive contribution to this forum!
I guess the truth hurts. Geeez all econgrad did was tell the truth. I love Sacramento for many reasons. I personally was not ragging on midtown nor Sacramento as a whole. I like midtown a lot for many reasons and I spend alot of money in midtown. I personally contribute to small businesses and support their success. I go out of my way to spend my money downtown/midtown. For example, I need a new collar and leash for my dog, instead of going to petsmart in the suburbs I will look for a small business that caters to dogs in midtown....thats a small example. When I want to shop at Macys, I make sure I go downtown first, despite how much I dont like downtown plaza.

I pesonaly would rather have the arena in the railyards or along the Sacto river in WEST SAC, over cal expo.

My only comment is that midtown is not really "urban" regarding density compared to other cities, like SF, NYC, Chicago, Montreal. Now if you want to compare midtown to the suburbs of course its more dense. I'm just trying to raise the bar a little; compare downtown/midtown to "real" cities, not the suburbs.

Midtown is clearly "urban" in the sense of all its small businesses and restaurants, bookstores, etc. I fully support all those places and "the grid" itself is one of Sacramento's greatest assets because it allows for walkability and density....its great place to walk your dog, too...so urban!

Oh, i workout downtown, too....i guess thats urban too.

There is nothing either one of us said to elicit such a reactionary response.

Last edited by BrianSac; Sep 30, 2007 at 10:11 PM.