View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 5:04 AM

East Africa Safari I - Tanzania

I decided I would share some of my shots from a Safari I took in early 2010. Since there isn't a building in sight in any of these shots I think it would be inappropriate to try and post them in the city photos sections. It doesn't seem like people make very many photo threads in the General Photography forum but I didn't know where else to put them.

I have too many shots to put into one thread so I'll keep it country specific. I visited three countries, Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda so those of you that have been following my city threads are going to have to put up with another trilogy. The focus of this trip was wildlife. Other than travel days I was in the game parks from sun up to sun down. I have a few people shots from rest stops or out the window of a speeding jeep. The ratio is so skewed towards animal shots that I will probably post them in a later thread.

First up Tanzania. I think blathering about the names of the parks would be too boring. If you have specific questions I'll be happy to answer them. I think I remember most of the species I photographed so I will do my best to answer any animal questions too. I was pretty green to photography when I went on this trip and I was making some fundamental mistakes with my shots. Wildlife photography is a different animal (sorry) and I had a lot to learn when I started out. e.g. the camera can be rotated to favor vertically framed compositions . My experiences from this trip eventually pushed my life in a different direction, and led to me quit my job and travel and photograph the world. So forgive some of the crummier shots and the boring title, on with the show.

Next up, Kenya.

Last edited by Okayyou; Nov 9, 2011 at 5:21 AM.