View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 7:23 AM
The New Republic

^^ That's quite an accomplishment. Toronto is suffering from the exact opposite. The last championship was in football (2004). The baseball team hasn't won since 1993, hockey 1967, and the Raptors have never won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin View Post
It was oft quoted as being 49% (so I can't blame you for thinking that was correct), but thats based on an incorrect interpretation of the data. Of the 2,476,565 people who responded, 1,237,720 (49.9%) were indeed foreign-born citizens, but only 1,184,235 people (47.8%) were born in Canada. The other 54,610 people (2.2%) were non-permanent foreign residents.
Thanks for the information. What about the Toronto CMA though. I was under the impression that the CMA also breached the 50% tipping point, but achieved this a few years after the central city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
Everything in that East Bayfront picture looks so brown and colourless. I was skeptical at first, but this video makes it look much better.
I prefer brown to almost any other colour because it's a warm earth tone. Glass would be colourless, while grey/green/light blue would be drab. Brown? Bring it on. Some red or black brick/other heavy material would be very welcomed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by initiald View Post
Actually, those are terra cotta tiles; one of the favorite building materials of architect Mario Botta. He also did the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art with a similar facade.
I see. Looks great, nonetheless.

Last edited by isaidso; Apr 25, 2012 at 7:42 AM.