View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 2, 2009, 3:47 AM

Story I heard way back was Telus (BC Tel at the time) was asked to contribute to the Boundry station. They said no for financial reasons (It was the middle of a big economic down turn) and some say security reasons (non employees potentially having easier access to the building) The Sky Train folks decided then to build Patterson instead. 15 years later when Telus sold the building (which they now lease back) the value of the building would have been significatly higher with the station, which is a demonstration of how peoples attitudes to rapid transit have changed in the Village of Vancouver since Expo.
Just look at the RAV line. Third trip to the airport on Sunday to/from Yaletown
for/from a flight. Still haven't sat in a seat and me with my suit case & Lap top. I'll be glad when the lookie-lou's get board of it all and stay home. I love those standtions though. You can wedge your back into them and have quite a comfortable ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
The walk from Patterson to Joyce is just over 10min if you follow the track. That means at the farest point you are only ~5min from a station, I just don't see any point ever in a Boundary station. There will never be the density that there is downtown to justify close stations.