View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 10:03 PM

@NYGuy;

Thanks for the blow-up image; but I fear that now it just makes it look more like something I would've put together with an random set of Legos when I was maybe twelve, and simply *pretended* to see a curve on one elevation and a slant on the one adjacent to it.

But the one *big* mistake in this render is the half-drawn base occluded by the structure in the foreground.

Details, my friends. Details, details and more details. This, ostensibly, is what those commissioned to make renderings for proposed skyscrapers are supposed to emphasize in order to ultimately get something built.

So here they half-ass it with the podium/base. And they continue to sell the viewer on a nearly 700' structure whose form essentially cannot be fully extrapolated from the render's vantage point, and whose placement in the skyline cannot be properly gleaned, no thanks to what I can plainly see is a horribly inaccurate drawing of One57.

Whoever can, with a straight face, simply up and tell me that this rendering is somehow meant to give an idea of the building's visual and aesthetic presence and contribution to a greater whole is a brave man indeed. No question IMO arises in terms of height, of course when considered per se.

Bottom line?

C o n t e x t. So much in this regard is yet to be found wanting. I'll be happy to wait till more illustrations hit cyberspace.

Last edited by JayPro; Mar 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM.