View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2016, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
I think I would include Miami Beach, at least below about the 5000 block in "The City". Basically just keep the northern boundary all the way accross to the Atlantic. And if you wanted to be a little more fine grained you would remove a lot of the South/East of US-1 Coral Gables suburbia. It is pretty tough to come up with "The City" though for Miami. It could either exclude many parts of the actual City of Miami or it could include many of its suburbs. For example, would you consider someone who lives in Hialeah as living in "the suburbs"? In theory you could make the boundary be the 826 minus maybe Miami Springs.
My first iteration was the 826 minus Miami Springs. The others I quibbled about myself. Hialeah is by most definitions a suburb, but it's not someplace you pack up the kids and move to either. It occupies some vague middle ground that is probably more "inner city", despite it not being in the "inner city". Same could be said for most of the rest of the NW unfavored quarter.