View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2008, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
Sounds like your saying what your hoping and not what you really think will happen lol.
No and that's a unfair thing to say/assume. When we moved in here we knew it was land that would one day be redeveloped. We just didn't expect it to come up so soon. I'm not even against the project even though I'll have to move whenever it gets off the ground. The big weakness to this part of town is my block. Filling it in would be a big plus for the city. I base my assumption that they'll be a fight on what Heritage Trust has fought in the past and what has been said. I think that from what I heard during the Heritage walking tour, the presence of heritage houses that form a streetscape directly across from the site and 10 storeys in the downtown indicates that there is a good chance that Heritage Trust will try and fight it or at least modify the project (they would probably settle for the developer taking some of the upper floors off). It might not come to a court battle, but I would be willing to bet they'll be opposed.

Last edited by spaustin; Apr 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM.