View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 9:42 AM
Cat Enthusiast

Ok, I was in Tuscaloosa this past Sunday and the following is what I saw. It was dark, so I didn't get to see everything, but I'll do my best to update y'all.

-The westbound lanes of Hackberry are being repaved (another testament to what low bidding does to our infrastructure.

-Phase three was still under construction, but I couldn't see it. It seems Shelby Ln has been shut down for good. It should be torn up and replaced with greenspace within the next year.

-New dorm next to Rose Towers is progressing nicely. I got a nice view of it from Jack Warner Pkwy. I appeared to have been at the 5th floor.

-Energy plant along Hackberry between Gordon Palmer (hate that building) and the Queen City Nursing School house is still under construction. A lot of road is being torn up to place the infrastructure for the plant. Roads are being torn up so that new pipes can be laid, etc...

-Indoor tennis center is now under construction.

Anyways, that all that I saw. We all know about the NOAA National Water Center and the future UA System office building, and those should begin construction within a few months.

I don't think I've ever seen as much construction in the past 4 years that I've been at Alabama than I've seen now. Campus is busy this summer.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State