View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citylover94 View Post
If that is true and I doubt that is actually the case then the United States ceases to exist as a meaningful entity. When the government becomes so limited at the federal level that it doesn't in any way effect a persons life it no longer exists. Even if all the federal government did was only what was directly mentioned in the Constitution (for example create and enter into treaties and regulate commerce) that would absolutely have an effect on people lives. A functioning government by its very nature will and even must effect people lives or it is not governing.
Why? If the Federal government doesn't provide money for projects ranging from education to roads, how would that cease the very idea of the nation? I'll never understand this concept. A nation isn't based on grants from the Federal government to schools or for roads.

It not longer exist? They would provide:

*Federal courts, to include the supreme court.
*In a liberal sense, we could still provide medicare and SS.
*National defense and everything that goes along with foreign affairs.
*The Constitution would still be the law of the land, and everything that includes.....environmental laws, interstate commerce laws, civil rights etc etc

Lets not split hairs. Youre using a term I used to the extreme. You know what I mean, and if you don't, you must live in a bubble.