View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 3, 2012, 11:22 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoser View Post
Although I've been thinking that for awhile, I can see how shoring up the existing structure would take a lot longer than adding new items like the roof and windows.
In an article in ANS a while ago the developer suggested that progress would soon speed up. What you say seems plausible -- you'd think it would be a lot trickier to shore up an old building than it would be to finish off new construction.

It would be amazing if the Roy Building project starts up quickly. I think part of the reason for the delay there is that some of the tenants will be moved across the street. It's good to hear that it will be mixed use instead of another pure office proposal. More residents along Barrington will have a much larger impact than more office workers (or no workers if the project sits in limbo for years waiting for tenants!).

If this project is finished and the Roy Building becomes a construction site the "optics" of Barrington street will immediately and dramatically improve. In the past a lot of people thought that the Sam properties and Roy Building were abandoned.