View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 7, 2007, 8:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Optimism is one thing. Being completely unrealistic about where your city stands in the world is another thing entirely.
ohh, snap!

i think most are well aware of where atlanta's weak points are, especially on here. i also think that the majority of the city's/metro's populace are also aware of the same. (especially those hailing from somewhere else)

there are some benefits to the seemingly excessive boosterism and pride, as well - one being an "anything is possible" attitude. even with my limited background in travel, i think i can safely say that midtown and downtown atlanta suck for the most part, currently. downtown detroit is further along than downtown atlanta. (to me, that's saying something, no offense) but even that doesn't seem to be stopping people from moving there in droves, as the population of both of those districts is well over 40,000, split evenly, and growing at a rapid clip - just check the construction forums. few other cities can claim the amount of residential growth, southern or otherwise. the city is also the fastest growing part of the metro now; i can't stress this enough.

just give atlanta a decade or two; i think by then it will suprise even the most steadfast haters here.