View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 3, 2017, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
If only Philadelphia had built the American Commerce Center back in 2010 as opposed to the monstrosity known as the Comcast Information and Technology Center, we would've had the second largest building in America.

This is one of the things I love about NYC: the fact that NYC can continue to evolve as a world class city while Philadelphia continues to stagnate due to its very parochial and short sighted thinking. If One Vanderbilt was proposed somewhere in Center City, NIMBYs would all of a sudden come out the woodworks to either oppose the tower or to have it shortened.

I wouldn't be surprised if San Francisco, Miami, Boston, or even Atlanta or Houston propose a tower taller than the one that Philly is currently constructing. And to think that the ACC wouldn't not just been the tallest in America, but Philly could've had a TD Bank, GSK, or GE as its headquarters!
Even we have our fair share of NIMBYs in New York. I don't understand how somebody can be a NIMBY and live in a place like New York City, but they do exist here. Even in areas like Midtown Manhattan.