View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2008, 11:27 PM

This is similar in construction to what is currently ...

... under construction at 102nd E Burnside. It has underground parking; a first level as a commercial level of concrete (the base) and four or five residential levels. Don't remember the name of the development. I think we complained that the roof would be framed/pitched instead of a more urban (flat) design.

The way it looks during construction, I would say the final design (which has a curved wall at the corner) is going to be more urban. I can hope.

Note that developers are moving into Gateway with multi-purpose designs and are meeting the 2040 Goals!!!

There are lots for sale in parts of Gateway (prime spot in my opinion is NW corner of 102 and Stark, a former car lot) so buyers and sellers are starting to make their moves. At some point, a streetcar line will support higher density close to Mall 205 and the Green Line Station is within walking distance.

Someone (Zifondel?) mentioned the Hospital that was "just built" in Gateway. News for westsiders, that hospital has been there for maybe thirty years. There has been major additions during the last few years (on-going).

eP