View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 2, 2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
Are you sure Purdy's is closed down? I was by there yesterday and they were pressurewashing the walls?.

Tops is currently looking at redeveloping their site but they are very early in the process, the other building across the street (excluding the doctor's office) have already been approved for a new 4 storey commercial building. I would be surprised though if it does go forward w/o reapplying for the new zoning which would allow them up to 10 stories. As far as the 2400Motel site goes I think the city is wise to hang onto it just a few more years before offloading it, as the area redevelops they will be able to fetch a much higher price.
I was actually surprised my self to see the Purdy's looking shut down, looked boarded up to me and the art installation in the fountain is gone. But on the Purdys site they still list the location as open so I guess I must be wrong.

Regarding he businesses across the street its good to hear what they have planed but like you said it would make sense to go back to get some more height. The views from some of these units will be pretty good by the way even if its only on the 5th or 6th floor