View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 13, 2006, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrek777
So after long last they are completely repaiving the 10,000 ft. runway at ATL. They have demolished the old ATC Tower to make way for a brand new, grand, modern, engaging international terminal. Keep in mind they still have absolultly no idea what the final design will look like but by god they are moving dirt like there is no tomorrow. There is still no word as to wether or not they will presue the construction of the proposed "new" South Terminal. Delta is completely renovating the entire south terminal as well as its gate areas on the T,A,and B concourses. The consolidated car rental facility is well underway. Are there any other updates that I have forgotten, and does anyone have any current pictures of the airport or the implosion of the old ATC Tower? Everyone have a good day!! : )
I was at the Airport last Thursday and Sunday and I noticed that they are putting down granite floors (instead of those awful brick ones) in the CPTC and in between Concourses. Also, I flew into Concourse C and D and in both Concourses they were ripping up carpet and installing tile floors, putting up new wall surfaces, and placing stainless steel around the poles that line the Concourse. They have already installed new lighting throughout the Airport. It is going to look like a totally different Airport when they are finished!!