View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
They are in Midtown East and Hell's Kitchen - not Midtown proper that most forumers on here are going to be thinking of. "Midtown Proper" is basically a bunch of high rises. Midtown is a very broad term in reality. It's like saying "downtown Chicago" and then including the area north of Division Street. Yeah it counts to some but it's not what most people think of as "downtown" just like most people not from NYC don't think of 52nd & 2nd as "Midtown" even though it technically is.
Yes I lived in NY for almost a decade, and I worked in Midtown. Lots of rowhouses still exists between Lexington and 7th, not just on the fringes. Look at practically the entire south side of 56th between 5th and 6th, for example.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov