View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 14, 2013, 12:20 PM

I am all for the idea of putting a hotel on top of the parking garage but I have to be honest, this design just doesn't do much for me. I think posc got it right. Maybe there is too much color. It works great on smaller projects like star of the sea and bennett house but it just doesn't look right to me for this design. The other major problem I have is that by making it the same height as Atlantic Place we now have a huge wall across the harbourfront. I wish they could have proposed a smaller footprint but double the stories to 6. At least that would have broken up the skyline a bit. Not sold on the mesh idea either. Is it going to be made of some plastic/composite material or steel. How low maintenance will it be? How solid will it be? Is it something that could be easily broken away? I guess that we need to see more details. The only thing I do like is the way they are putting the entrance on harbour drive with the atrium.

By the way when did harbour drive become a 6 line divided highway with a grass median?