View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 13, 2011, 7:46 PM

[QUOTE=blm3034L!fe;5502384]I like this thread.

And I am impressed that Lagoon has added so many attractions over the past few years. I havn't been to Lagoon since 2000. I wish Elitches would invest in more rides and attractions like Lagoon has been doing over the past few years. Since I have lived here there has only been 2 Roller Coasters added and only hand full of rides added to the park.

Plus Elitch Gardens doesn't have the amount of land like Lagoon to expand, they have plenty of room and if they were to ever make it a National Attraction they could always expand to the parking lot and build a parking structure and share it with Pepsi Center. But that's all just wishful dreaming. The city is big enough to accomodate it but the winter months hender the next level from happening.

I found this on the web of America's top 50 Amuesment parks. Both Elitches and Lagoon are on the list!!! Pretty cool considering both parks are primarily local attractions only a small percentage of out of town visitors. From the smaller surrounding states like. Boise, Wyoming, New Mexico, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas.

Top 50 North American amusement parks

40. (tie). Six Flags Elitch Gardens (Denver), 1.6 million.

48. Lagoon (Farmington, Utah), 1.23 million.

My family went to Lagoon in July. It was the first time I'd been there in several years and the first time my family had been there. When we lived in Denver, we frequented Elitch's. We came away from Lagoon preferring it over Elitch's by far. There were more rides and other attractions, and trees that offered shade. Lagoon came accross as more intimate and homey than Elitch's. Lagoon offers more in the way of steel coasters and traditional rides, but I like Elitch's wooden coaster better than Lagoon's old wooden coaster.
I've wondered why Elitch's doesn't put much into expansion.